I am now *open* for review requests. Check out my Review Policy Page for more info

Friday, April 5, 2013

E is for Editing

I mentioned yesterday that I have a problem editing while I write. This may partly be because I love editing. I am trying to get a job editing fiction and wjoes work better to practice en on than my own?

I am trying hard to break out of this habit though. Editing belongs after I get a finished draft down. If I dont wait until then, I would never finish a manuscript. My many unfinished works on my laptop os a testamemt to this.

None the less, editing is important. A writer should have a good relationship with their editor because they are going to be working together for months polishing the work to the best it can be.

Do you have problems with editing?

4 comments:

  1. Well, no can't say that I do, as I haven't gotten that far with writing yet, I tend to edit things anyway as I write just normally, like when I am blogging. I will read it over a couple of times looking for errors! Hope I didn't make any here!! Ha Ha Great post!! I enjoyed it very much and also joined your blog!! www.sandysanderellasmusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I try to edit as I write, I end up spending way too much time trying to make each word perfect. Your process works for some people, not not for others. I'm actually kind of jealous that it works for you lol.

      Delete
  2. I hate editing. Writing the first draft is so exciting when everything's new and the possibilities are endless. Editing is like weeding. But I know it's a necessity so I slog through it anyway!
    coffintreehill.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not everyone has my obsessive need to edit lol. Sometimes I wonder if it is better to hate editing because it won't distract you as you write.

      Delete